No Response @ Black WinXP Loading Screen

I recently did a system recovery on my Compaq computer.

I think the recovery went smoothly? But when the computer is loading
windows... when it reaches that black screen with the Windows logo
and the status bar moving.. it just stays theres and no sign of HDD
activity.

When i go into safe mode, I know that all the applications and such
have definately been recovered... but my windows wont load
normally... WHAT IS WRONG?!

please help!
2 answers Last reply
More about response black winxp loading screen

    Try a System Restore from Safe Mode.
    Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore.
    "slacker4life" <fattymcszeto@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in
    message news:I-idnTLvnPEOMgbfRVn_vg@giganews.com...
    >I recently did a system recovery on my Compaq computer.
    >
    > I think the recovery went smoothly? But when the computer is loading
    > windows... when it reaches that black screen with the Windows logo
    > and the status bar moving.. it just stays theres and no sign of HDD
    > activity.
    >
    > When i go into safe mode, I know that all the applications and such
    > have definately been recovered... but my windows wont load
    > normally... WHAT IS WRONG?!
    >
    > please help!

    Thanks for the help... but its still stuck at the loading screen

    Does anyone know what the problem is?! I really don't want to have to
    send my computer back to HP or have to bring it to a shop....
    :evil:

    Life was soo much easier for me when i just did a clean reinstall..
    but they don't give you a Windows XP CD :evil:

Computers Windows XP