desktop content has vanished...

I can't see anything on the desktop.. all icons and shortcuts have
disappeared.
Can't find a way to bring them back. Any idea?
--
dom fischer
2 answers Last reply

    Dom, next startup tap F8 repeatedly until you get a Menu. Select Safe
    Mode with Command Prompt. If it boots there then
    try a System Restore.
    http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=1502

    "domnotdum" <domfischer@msn.com> wrote in message
    >I can't see anything on the desktop.. all icons and shortcuts have
    > disappeared.
    > Can't find a way to bring them back. Any idea?
    > --
    > dom fischer

    on desktop rightclick>arrange icons by..> show desktop icons.
    maybe u accidently clicked that or someone else in the family.

    -Dan

    "Rich Barry" wrote:

    > Dom, next startup tap F8 repeatedly until you get a Menu. Select Safe
    > Mode with Command Prompt. If it boots there then
    > try a System Restore.
    > http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=1502
    >
    > "domnotdum" <domfischer@msn.com> wrote in message
    > >I can't see anything on the desktop.. all icons and shortcuts have
    > > disappeared.
    > > Can't find a way to bring them back. Any idea?
    > > --
    > > dom fischer

Support Desktops Microsoft Windows XP