I'm looking to buy a laptop but I'm not too sure what I need.
I'd be using the laptop for standard day to day computing (Internet, iTunes, Skype etc) as well as games like Minecraft, Team Fortress 2 etc. I might also buy some games from Steam, but not COD, Battlefield etc. Maybe GTA, Counter Strike etc.
I've configured a laptop with the help of my friend who is a gamer. Here's what I got.
Sony Vaio, E series.
Intel i3 (2.4GhZ).
500GB Hard Drive.
1GB AMD Radeon graphics card.
That is direct from Sony.ie so I can configure it.
I currently use an iMac (family computer) with 2GB RAM, which makes me run Minecraft on "Short" and Team Fortress 2 is unplayable.
Is what I have configured suitable for my needs? Thank you ever so much c:
EDIT: Here is that Q&A thing.
1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15" or below.
3. What screen resolution do you want? Irrelevant I guess.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable laptop.
5. How much battery life do you need? Irrelevant.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes. Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, GTA, Counter Strike, DayZ etc. I guess Medium settings.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Maaaaaybe video editing.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 320GB+
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. sony.ie
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as I possible can
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Just a DVD.
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Sony as I hear they're good. Not HP as they are due to go bankrupt from what I here.
13. What country do you live in? Ireland.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. I guess that's all