"help and support", search" and "run" problem

clicking on any of these three items in the "start" window results in
absolutely no response... all other items (apps, control panel, my computer
etc. work fine). any suggestions?

clueless in reno
--
thanks in advance for the help.
2 answers Last reply

    Hi

    Please try the following links to Kelly's web site:

    "Why doesn't Help and Support work?"
    "Why doesn't Search work?"

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups

    "tahoephantom" <tahoephantom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > clicking on any of these three items in the "start" window results in
    > absolutely no response... all other items (apps, control panel, my
    > computer
    > etc. work fine). any suggestions?
    >
    > clueless in reno
    > --
    > thanks in advance for the help.

    "search" and "help and support" can be accessed from other windows, just not
    the "start" window. i'm not sure "run" can be accessed by another route but
    suspect it can be... just don't know how and without it, running most fixes
    is impossible. btw, have searched all over (including the xp install disk)
    and cannot locate srchasst.inf. any other suggestions?
    --

    "Will Denny" wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > Please try the following links to Kelly's web site:
    >
    > "Why doesn't Help and Support work?"
    > "Why doesn't Search work?"
    >
    > http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/top10faqs.htm
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "tahoephantom" <tahoephantom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > clicking on any of these three items in the "start" window results in
    > > absolutely no response... all other items (apps, control panel, my
    > > computer
    > > etc. work fine). any suggestions?
    > >
    > > clueless in reno
    > > --
    > > thanks in advance for the help.

Control Panel Support Microsoft Windows XP