A Fix for shutdown problem?

Recently it's started that when I try to log off the machine all that
happens is that the machine just hangs & I have to turn it off at the
switch. Is there a fix for this shutdown problem?

Thanks in advance
2 answers Last reply
More about shutdown problem

    Hi

    Please try the following links to Jim Eshelman's web site:

    http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/tshoot.htm

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    "The Old Fart" <videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > Recently it's started that when I try to log off the machine all that
    > happens is that the machine just hangs & I have to turn it off at the
    > switch. Is there a fix for this shutdown problem?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    Try R.clicking my computer,properties,advanced,start up/recovery,in the os
    window,the words should read:Microsoft Windows XP Home edition /fast detect
    If more exist,or another line exist,edit and delete,then close out,restart
    computer.
    Home edition or pro would be present.

    "The Old Fart" wrote:

    > Recently it's started that when I try to log off the machine all that
    > happens is that the machine just hangs & I have to turn it off at the
    > switch. Is there a fix for this shutdown problem?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

Support Microsoft Shutdown Windows XP