A Fix for shutdown problem?

May 31, 2005 6:39:34 PM

Recently it's started that when I try to log off the machine all that
happens is that the machine just hangs & I have to turn it off at the
switch. Is there a fix for this shutdown problem?

Thanks in advance

More about : fix shutdown problem

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 6:39:35 PM

Hi

Please try the following links to Jim Eshelman's web site:

http://aumha.org/win5/a/shtdwnxp.htm
http://aumha.org/win5/a/tshoot.htm

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"The Old Fart" <videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
news:o d$oIuaZFHA.1148@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Recently it's started that when I try to log off the machine all that
> happens is that the machine just hangs & I have to turn it off at the
> switch. Is there a fix for this shutdown problem?
>
> Thanks in advance
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 6:39:35 PM

Try R.clicking my computer,properties,advanced,start up/recovery,in the os
window,the words should read:Microsoft Windows XP Home edition /fast detect
If more exist,or another line exist,edit and delete,then close out,restart
computer.
Home edition or pro would be present.

!