Dual monitors and TV-out

Lobtec

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2004
Hi,

I have just bought a new monitor and want to use my old one as a second monitor. This was no problem and I strech out the desk unto this sec monitor. The problem arise when I want to use my tv-out to see a movie etc on the TV. I can't find a way to clone the TV as I used to as I have the other monitor as stretch. How can I set this up to be able to use my monitors and the TV at the same time? I have a HighTech X800 Pro (Ati) which have one DVI, one VGA and one TV-out. The new monitor is set to the DVI, the old one to the VGA and the TV is of course connected to the TV-out.

Ideas of settings or program I can use to accomplish this?
Thanks in advance.

RichPLS

Champion
Install Hydravision and this lets you put TV on second monitor.
You can drag it in window mode, the click it to full size, you can not swap it to monitor 2 while it is in full screen monitor 1.
I have the X800 and this is how I do it. And you can set it to remember this next time it is opened.
But I have yet to get the Guide Plus app to remain on monitor 2, have to drag it every time, and if I launch GP while TV is open in full screen on Mon 2, it locks up. Solution is to have it closed or in window mode when launching guide plus.

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

Lobtec

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2004
I have tried to get this to work with Hydravision but I can't seem to fix it.
When I go to Control Panel -> Display -> Properties -> Advanced - Displays I have all three monitors to choose from. But I can't clone on the tv at the same time I have extended desktop for the two other monitors. This is the problem. If this is what you mean I'm sorry but I had a bit of problem to work it out.