I installed a CD RW drive in an HP XE736 Pavillion. I could not write to it.
HP told me I needed the Nero software. I installed Nero Express V6.0 OEM,
6.3.1.20.
Now I can write to it using the software. I can't write to it from file,
save as or send to. It keeps telling me I'm not authorized & to contact the
file owner or administrator for permission. I own the computer why can't I
write to a CD?
This even happens when I try to save from note/wordpad, I writes fine using
Nero.
but it's kind of awkward.--
43petty43

Did you try rt clicking on the Drive Icon in MyComputer>select
Properties>Recording>check Enable CD Recording on
this drive.
"43petty43" <43petty43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed a CD RW drive in an HP XE736 Pavillion. I could not write to
>it.
> HP told me I needed the Nero software. I installed Nero Express V6.0 OEM,
> 6.3.1.20.
> Now I can write to it using the software. I can't write to it from file,
> save as or send to. It keeps telling me I'm not authorized & to contact
> the
> file owner or administrator for permission. I own the computer why can't I
> write to a CD?
> This even happens when I try to save from note/wordpad, I writes fine
> using
> Nero.
> but it's kind of awkward.--
> 43petty43

I did as you said but the properties window only lists general and
and volumes listing files. No other options are available Thanks!--
43petty43

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Did you try rt clicking on the Drive Icon in MyComputer>select
> Properties>Recording>check Enable CD Recording on
> this drive.
> "43petty43" <43petty43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I installed a CD RW drive in an HP XE736 Pavillion. I could not write to
> >it.
> > HP told me I needed the Nero software. I installed Nero Express V6.0 OEM,
> > 6.3.1.20.
> > Now I can write to it using the software. I can't write to it from file,
> > save as or send to. It keeps telling me I'm not authorized & to contact
> > the
> > file owner or administrator for permission. I own the computer why can't I
> > write to a CD?
> > This even happens when I try to save from note/wordpad, I writes fine
> > using
> > Nero.
> > but it's kind of awkward.--
> > 43petty43

Ok, go to Control Panel>AdminTools>Services>Scroll down to IMAPI CD
Burning COM and make sure it's started
then go back and do the first thing I posted.
"43petty43" <43petty43@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I installed a CD RW drive in an HP XE736 Pavillion. I could not write to
>it.
> HP told me I needed the Nero software. I installed Nero Express V6.0 OEM,
> 6.3.1.20.
> Now I can write to it using the software. I can't write to it from file,
> save as or send to. It keeps telling me I'm not authorized & to contact
> the
> file owner or administrator for permission. I own the computer why can't I
> write to a CD?
> This even happens when I try to save from note/wordpad, I writes fine
> using
> Nero.
> but it's kind of awkward.--
> 43petty43

I went there but millenium doesn't have admin tools or service. Idid a search
for both but couldn't find anything that fit that description. Thanks again.
--
43petty43