1. What is your budget?
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
3. What screen resolution do you want?
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
5. How much battery life do you need?
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
BF3 , GW2, D3 & any online mmorpg on MEDIUM.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Nothing more, just a college student, that wants a laptop for gaming but dosent have much money for a 1k laptop.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't know anything about laptops. But I did my research and a Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602 with i5 2450M, 2G NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M and 4G RAM is my choice for the time.
13. What country do you live in?
Im in Sanford, Florida.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
I had an Acer TimelineX 4830TG with almost the same specs and it would've done everything you required. The V3 you linked also has a better graphics card- 630m vs the 4830TG's 540m. I think it would do fine. It just doesn't look like Newegg has them in stock. If you get one, shove another 4GB stick of DDR3 in it... you won't regret the extra $20 or so.