Network file sharing problem - one sided mirror?

May 31, 2005 6:31:03 AM

I got 2 boxes running win xp sp1 networked together via a workgroup & linksys
router.

PC1 can view/access all the shared folders. PC2 can only view PC2 and itself
under the workgroup. But got the \\PC1 is not accessible.... error message.

HELP! HELP! HELP!

More about : network file sharing problem sided mirror

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:47:07 PM

Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP (Q304040): http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q304/0...

Windows XP Professional File Sharing: http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_fileshar...

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"treehh" <treehh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7797311-2CD9-4A0B-84B3-2E7F20CA5DB0@microsoft.com...
>I got 2 boxes running win xp sp1 networked together via a workgroup & linksys
> router.
>
> PC1 can view/access all the shared folders. PC2 can only view PC2 and itself
> under the workgroup. But got the \\PC1 is not accessible.... error message.
>
> HELP! HELP! HELP!
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 12:09:32 PM

Problem solved