Network file sharing problem - one sided mirror?

May 31, 2005 6:31:03 AM

I got 2 boxes running win xp sp1 networked together via a workgroup & linksys
router.

PC1 can view/access all the shared folders. PC2 can only view PC2 and itself
under the workgroup. But got the \\PC1 is not accessible.... error message.

HELP! HELP! HELP!
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 2:47:07 PM

Description of File Sharing and Permissions in Windows XP (Q304040): http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q304/0...

Windows XP Professional File Sharing: http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_fileshar...

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"treehh" <treehh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7797311-2CD9-4A0B-84B3-2E7F20CA5DB0@microsoft.com...
>I got 2 boxes running win xp sp1 networked together via a workgroup & linksys
> router.
>
> PC1 can view/access all the shared folders. PC2 can only view PC2 and itself
> under the workgroup. But got the \\PC1 is not accessible.... error message.
>
> HELP! HELP! HELP!
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 12:09:32 PM

Problem solved