vpn

Hi all

Does anyone know or has setup a vpn for a wireless network.?

Where the adsl modem router has no vpn support.

This is the firdt time I have posed a question need
a little help if possible.

Len

Leonard Middleton wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know or has setup a vpn for a wireless network.?
>
> Where the adsl modem router has no vpn support.
>
> This is the firdt time I have posed a question need
> a little help if possible.
>
> Len

I have done it, between my Linux notebook and my Linux firewall. Works
fine.

--

Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.

james.knott.

"Leonard Middleton" <leonard.middleton@middy1.karoo.co.uk> wrote in news:
_e2dnXJiAatMDOTdSa8jmA@karoo.co.uk:

> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know or has setup a vpn for a wireless network.?
>
> Where the adsl modem router has no vpn support.

Where are you connecting to?

If it's to a friend's house or to yourself when you're traveling, just add
a VPN router to your wireless network.

--
Lucas Tam (REMOVEnntp@rogers.com)

"Leonard Middleton" <leonard.middleton@middy1.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi all
>
> Does anyone know or has setup a vpn for a wireless network.?
>
> Where the adsl modem router has no vpn support.
>
> This is the firdt time I have posed a question need
> a little help if possible.
>
> Len

You can set-up a VPN connection between machines with IPsec that's on the
Win 2K or XP O/S.

There must be two valid end-points on any VPN connection; otherwise it's not
a VPN connection that has encrypted the traffic.

You can do a VPN between machines on the LAN behind the router as well.

In other words, having VPN enabled on the router or machine behind the
router that has VPN enabled and there is no valid VPN end point at the other
end means nothing.

http://www.homenethelp.com/vpn/router-config.asp

Duane :)