Lack of knowledge, help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrelopzz

Honorable
Sep 3, 2012
1. What is your budget?
$620
2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6'
3. What screen resolution do you want?
Don't care.
4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Laptop.
5. How much battery life do you need?
Don't care.
6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
BF3 , GW2, D3 & any online mmorpg on MEDIUM.
7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Nothing more, just a college student, that wants a laptop for gaming but dosent have much money for a 1k laptop.
8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Dont' care.
9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Any.
10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
At least 2 years.
11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM/Writer
12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I don't know anything about laptops. But I did my research and a Acer Aspire V3-571G-6602 with i5 2450M, 2G NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M and 4G RAM is my choice for the time.
13. What country do you live in?
Im in Sanford, Florida.
14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

Is this a good choice?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834215417&Tpk=Acer%20Aspire%20V3-571G-6602

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
I haven't followed recent laptops much so I don't have any specific models, but for your budget, an A8 or ideally A10 AMD apu will likely be your best bang for the buck.

They do reasonably well in gaming, and are probably as good as you'll get at 600ish (unless you find a lucky deal).

Status
Not open for further replies.