XP Home Searching for XP Pro files

May 31, 2005 8:25:01 AM

I recently upgraded my Windows ME O/S to Windows XP Home. Now I find that
whenever I boot, or at certain other times, my PC starts to search my hard
drive for Windows XP Pro files. It takes a few minutes and then comes back
and tells me that it can't find the files and tells me to insert the XP Pro
CD. Any ideas what causes this, and how I can stop it?
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 12:46:05 PM

Hi,

Do a search for a folder named i386, and does it exist?

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User