Picture and Fax Viewer no longer launches

Hi to everyone,

When I plug my camera in, Windows recognizes the presence of the camera and
it appears as a drive just fine, but the Picture and Fax Viewer has stopped
launching. I don't know why.

Does anyone know a way to restore this? This is how I rename and file all my
pictures. Without that action, all my pictures are labeled PDR00011....etc.

Thanks!
Hosh

Byte

Enable Picture and Fax Viewer

Go to Start/Run and type: regsvr32 shimgvw.dll or regsvr32 /i shimgvw.dll

To get a new copy: EXPAND X:\i386\shimgvw.dl_C:\Windows\system32\shimgvw.dll

If you disabled the fax/picture viewer by using regsvr32 /u shimgvw.dll,
then changing user icons fail to work: You need to re-load the dll and it
will work. Have only tried this w/ XP Pro. Reload by typing in regsvr32
shimgvw.dll.

--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Hosh" wrote:

> Hi to everyone,
>
> When I plug my camera in, Windows recognizes the presence of the camera and
> it appears as a drive just fine, but the Picture and Fax Viewer has stopped
> launching. I don't know why.
>
> Does anyone know a way to restore this? This is how I rename and file all my
> pictures. Without that action, all my pictures are labeled PDR00011....etc.
>
> Thanks!
> Hosh

Right click on one of the picture files and select Open with>Choose
Program>Picture and Fax Viewer>click on box
Always use this program.