run-time error 70

Hello there,

Whenever trying to install a visual basic programme, I get the following
error:

prjMCOInstaller
run-time error '70'
permission denied

I'm using windows xp, home edition, logged in as an admin, already installed
xp package 2

(I'm trying to install winks on msn 7.0 that were designed using VB)
thanx
4 answers Last reply
More about time error

    This URL (website) may be of some help.
    Andrea VB Programming and free downloads - Visual Basic source code site
    http://www.andreavb.com/

    --
    Some days you're the windshield,
    some days you're the bug.

    "Abdullah" wrote:

    > Hello there,
    >
    > Whenever trying to install a visual basic programme, I get the following
    > error:
    >
    > prjMCOInstaller
    > run-time error '70'
    > permission denied
    >
    > I'm using windows xp, home edition, logged in as an admin, already installed
    > xp package 2
    >
    > (I'm trying to install winks on msn 7.0 that were designed using VB)
    > thanx

    So are you saying you have already performed the download at
    http://messenger.msn.com/download/os.aspx

    --
    Michael

    "Abdullah" <Abdullah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello there,
    >
    > Whenever trying to install a visual basic program, I get the following
    > error:
    >
    > prjMCOInstaller
    > run-time error '70'
    > permission denied
    >
    > I'm using windows xp, home edition, logged in as an admin, already
    > installed
    > xp package 2
    >
    > (I'm trying to install winks on msn 7.0 that were designed using VB)
    > thanx

    Another possibilty is it may be your firewall(s) need to be temporarily
    disabled to help further isolate the problem.

    See the thread at this link for more info on this.
    http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?s=d812ed71362e8cae31797f568915d5e0&showtopic=27480&st=0

    "Abdullah" <Abdullah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello there,
    >
    > Whenever trying to install a visual basic program, I get the following
    > error:
    >
    > prjMCOInstaller
    > run-time error '70'
    > permission denied
    >
    > I'm using windows xp, home edition, logged in as an admin, already
    > installed
    > xp package 2
    >
    > (I'm trying to install winks on msn 7.0 that were designed using VB)
    > thanx

    THANX INDEED MICHAEL

    that was a great help!!

    regards
    Abdullah

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > Another possibilty is it may be your firewall(s) need to be temporarily
    > disabled to help further isolate the problem.
    >
    > See the thread at this link for more info on this.
    > http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?s=d812ed71362e8cae31797f568915d5e0&showtopic=27480&st=0
    >
    > "Abdullah" <Abdullah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hello there,
    > >
    > > Whenever trying to install a visual basic program, I get the following
    > > error:
    > >
    > > prjMCOInstaller
    > > run-time error '70'
    > > permission denied
    > >
    > > I'm using windows xp, home edition, logged in as an admin, already
    > > installed
    > > xp package 2
    > >
    > > (I'm trying to install winks on msn 7.0 that were designed using VB)
    > > thanx

Visual Basic Microsoft Windows XP