run-time error 70

May 31, 2005 10:08:02 AM

Hello there,

Whenever trying to install a visual basic programme, I get the following
error:

prjMCOInstaller
run-time error '70'
permission denied

I'm using windows xp, home edition, logged in as an admin, already installed
xp package 2

(I'm trying to install winks on msn 7.0 that were designed using VB)
thanx

More about : run time error

May 31, 2005 8:02:27 PM

This URL (website) may be of some help.
Andrea VB Programming and free downloads - Visual Basic source code site
http://www.andreavb.com/

--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"Abdullah" wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> Whenever trying to install a visual basic programme, I get the following
> error:
>
> prjMCOInstaller
> run-time error '70'
> permission denied
>
> I'm using windows xp, home edition, logged in as an admin, already installed
> xp package 2
>
> (I'm trying to install winks on msn 7.0 that were designed using VB)
> thanx
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 1:08:04 AM

So are you saying you have already performed the download at
http://messenger.msn.com/download/os.aspx

--
Michael

"Abdullah" <Abdullah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there,
>
> Whenever trying to install a visual basic program, I get the following
> error:
>
> prjMCOInstaller
> run-time error '70'
> permission denied
>
> I'm using windows xp, home edition, logged in as an admin, already
> installed
> xp package 2
>
> (I'm trying to install winks on msn 7.0 that were designed using VB)
> thanx
June 1, 2005 6:32:18 AM

Another possibilty is it may be your firewall(s) need to be temporarily
disabled to help further isolate the problem.

See the thread at this link for more info on this.
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?s=d812ed71362e...

"Abdullah" <Abdullah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello there,
>
> Whenever trying to install a visual basic program, I get the following
> error:
>
> prjMCOInstaller
> run-time error '70'
> permission denied
>
> I'm using windows xp, home edition, logged in as an admin, already
> installed
> xp package 2
>
> (I'm trying to install winks on msn 7.0 that were designed using VB)
> thanx
June 2, 2005 8:12:02 AM

THANX INDEED MICHAEL

that was a great help!!