Dell XPS L702x

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazyscientist

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Hello,

I have a Dell XPS L702x laptop and I can't for the life of me get it to display on a dell 23 inch DVI monitor.

The laptop has a HDMI port and a mini displayport.

When I connect a wire from the laptop HDMI to the DVI port on the monitor, the laptop recognises (though the graphics card 550M) that the particular model of dell monitor is connected, but the monitor goes into sleep mode, as if no signal is being sent to the monitor. I have played around with all the settings under the sun, to try and get the image to appear on the monitor, but it just will not. When I set up settings to do as such, the laptop goes blank and the monitor does nothing. Orange light on monitor only.

So, I figured I would try the mini display port. Same result. the intel i5 graphics recognises it is present, but again, no luck beyond this.

I have searched the internet and this appears to be a common problem,but I have as yet not found a solution. Dell, since my warranty has ran out, make it very difficult to contact them via there website (figures).

Anyone, any help? Anyone got this problem? I'm pulling my hair out. How could something so simple, be so complicated?

crazyscientist

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
I forgot to add that the laptop when connected to my 42 inch HD TV submits signal straight away and displays 1080p on the tv. But cant get picture to display on my HD dell monitor.

Please help! thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.