Where to find info on Dynamo Air Hockey Table Repair/Resto..

I've had little luck finding any decent info regarding this topic. I
picked up a table recently and am particularly interested in the
following:
a. Manual for a Dynamo Comet Air Hockey Table
b. General repair info (like there is for cap-kits)
c. PCB repair info (top portion of digit does not light on both sides
of the display
d. Specific paint color info so I can get the rails repainted
e. Parts suppliers (in addition to Happ Controls)
f. Any other specifics about this model (manufacture date, # produced,
etc.)
Thanks.

Contact your local coin-op game distributor in the Yellow Pages under
"Amusement Devices". They should be able to order the manual. Dynamo
and Vally merged a few years ago.

The paint on those rails is powder coated. Your not going to get a very good
match via spray paint nor is it going to stick as well.

Other then that as Ken said contact your local coin-op distributor. Be
advised... They dont deal well with the uniformed home market buyer.

Where are you located?

Matt

<cdmiller@sunflower.com> wrote in message
> I've had little luck finding any decent info regarding this topic. I
> picked up a table recently and am particularly interested in the
> following:
> a. Manual for a Dynamo Comet Air Hockey Table
> b. General repair info (like there is for cap-kits)
> c. PCB repair info (top portion of digit does not light on both sides
> of the display
> d. Specific paint color info so I can get the rails repainted
> e. Parts suppliers (in addition to Happ Controls)
> f. Any other specifics about this model (manufacture date, # produced,
> etc.)
> Thanks.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thanks for the reply.

I was planning on having the rails and several of the other parts powder
coated so they would look brand new. I don't know much about the
process, but know a few guys who have had some things done recently.
They told me it might cost around $100 since there's not much to do. I
assume they can match the paint color. I just didn't know if there was
some spec or something I could provide since the colors are florescent
orange and lime green.

I am located in Kansas City. I'll take your advice and call a local
amusement dealer (and try not to appear uninformed). I collect (kinda
repair when necessary) arcade video games, but this is my first air
hockey table. I'm suprised no one has created a pdf of the manual that
I could find online. I've had pretty decent luck finding manunals for
many things, just not this air-hockey table. Do you know of any sites
that might have it or do you think I'm better off just paying a local
dealer to obtain the manual? (also, any idea what the manual would
cost? $10-20 seem about right?)

Thanks.

Chris

--