Kernel stack inpage error?

May 31, 2005 12:27:01 PM

Hi

While running Windows XP Pro version 5.1 it crashes and gives a message:
Kernel stack inpage error. When I have restarted my PC after a cooling break
it works nicely until after a while another similar crash.

Does anyone know is it a harrdware proplem or "a known feature of XP"?

I have tried to get an answer from the manufacturer of my lap top (Acer) by
email, but got know answer and their phone help line is allways busy. Very
lousy service, indeed.

Esa
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 12:53:26 PM

Hi Esa,

To determine if a driver is causing the problem I need you to enable driver
verifier.
Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
the blue screen will hopefully say something like
"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
hesitate to e-mail me (remove "online") back. Good Luck,

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

"Esa B" <EsaB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> While running Windows XP Pro version 5.1 it crashes and gives a message:
> Kernel stack inpage error. When I have restarted my PC after a cooling
> break
> it works nicely until after a while another similar crash.
>
> Does anyone know is it a harrdware proplem or "a known feature of XP"?
>
> I have tried to get an answer from the manufacturer of my lap top (Acer)
> by
> email, but got know answer and their phone help line is allways busy. Very
> lousy service, indeed.
>
> Esa
May 23, 2009 10:52:24 PM

hi i just i had proplam always when i watch vidios online i got blu screen said kernal stack inpage i got tired from that and i took my laptop to pc shope to fix it but he didnt know and i still has the same proplam what i can do to fix my laptop any one can help me plez
May 23, 2009 10:53:16 PM

!