e-GeFORCE FX5700LE

sparechange

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2004
i have this evga geforce fx 5700le 256mb 128bit viv card and it likes to lock up at times. my screen freeze's and my sound skips repeatedly. i play c.o.h (city of hero's ) and sometime's everquest (i play c.o.h more ) any idea's about this. and i have a soundblaster 5.1 live digital sur. card. it would do it alot with that card i am curently useing a 4.1 sound blaster card and it still dose it.

Two things.
First Update your drivers. This was a common problem with the Audigy cards, not sure about the other Creatives. So update the Creative drivers. Also update the mobo drivers, just in case there are conflicts (speaking of which check for IRQ conflicts).

Second, make sure your system is at stock speeds and see if it still happens, also clean up all the junk running in the background. Other programs can cause hiccups in systems if they run in the background and then request resources while you're gaming.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! - <font color=green>RED </font color=green> <font color=red> GREEN</font color=red> GA to SK :evil: