mr do pcb quest. the saga continues...

ok. so i purchased another mr do PCB from a NG member.. this time guaranteed
to not be DOA and when i opened it.. it was in fact alive. very much alive..
so much so that mr do seems like he's on crack when he's digging.

i remember a while back Evil Exidy posted his Mr Do speed up hack for the D2
rom and this seems like someone burned that speed up to this board.
i'm not a big fan of playing it like this and was wondering if anyone has an
original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get from them or a
replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?

just when i thought my quest was over.

another funny thing is.. this board looks strangely related to the
non-working board i purchased previously.. you know.. the '100% working'
board *cough*.
anyhow.. when i bought that board.. the same seller had another mr do PCB
for sale... the one i didn't bid on had a red tag and a gray jumper wire
near the edge connector side. i made a point to make sure the seller didn't
send me that one since it wasn't the one i bid on and i was nervous about it
having a jumper wire across the board.

well turned out the one i asked for didn't work and the other one..
apparently... did.. because i think i have that one now too.

anyway... long story short...
anyone have an original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get from
them or a replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?

thanks.
keith.

You've got mail.

Keith in NJ <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> ok. so i purchased another mr do PCB from a NG member.. this time
guaranteed
> to not be DOA and when i opened it.. it was in fact alive. very much
alive..
> so much so that mr do seems like he's on crack when he's digging.
>
> i remember a while back Evil Exidy posted his Mr Do speed up hack for the
D2
> rom and this seems like someone burned that speed up to this board.
> i'm not a big fan of playing it like this and was wondering if anyone has
an
> original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get from them or a
> replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?
>
> just when i thought my quest was over.
>
> another funny thing is.. this board looks strangely related to the
> non-working board i purchased previously.. you know.. the '100% working'
> board *cough*.
> anyhow.. when i bought that board.. the same seller had another mr do PCB
> for sale... the one i didn't bid on had a red tag and a gray jumper wire
> near the edge connector side. i made a point to make sure the seller
didn't
> send me that one since it wasn't the one i bid on and i was nervous about
it
> having a jumper wire across the board.
>
> well turned out the one i asked for didn't work and the other one..
> apparently... did.. because i think i have that one now too.
>
> anyway... long story short...
> anyone have an original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get
from
> them or a replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?
>

> thanks.
> keith.

Keith,

I don't think my emails are getting through to you, but I got yours. email
me your address and I'll send you the D2 rom.

Dave in PA

Keith in NJ <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> ok. so i purchased another mr do PCB from a NG member.. this time
guaranteed
> to not be DOA and when i opened it.. it was in fact alive. very much
alive..
> so much so that mr do seems like he's on crack when he's digging.
>
> i remember a while back Evil Exidy posted his Mr Do speed up hack for the
D2
> rom and this seems like someone burned that speed up to this board.
> i'm not a big fan of playing it like this and was wondering if anyone has
an
> original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get from them or a
> replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?
>
> just when i thought my quest was over.
>
> another funny thing is.. this board looks strangely related to the
> non-working board i purchased previously.. you know.. the '100% working'
> board *cough*.
> anyhow.. when i bought that board.. the same seller had another mr do PCB
> for sale... the one i didn't bid on had a red tag and a gray jumper wire
> near the edge connector side. i made a point to make sure the seller
didn't
> send me that one since it wasn't the one i bid on and i was nervous about
it
> having a jumper wire across the board.
>
> well turned out the one i asked for didn't work and the other one..
> apparently... did.. because i think i have that one now too.
>
> anyway... long story short...
> anyone have an original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get
from
> them or a replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?
>

> thanks.
> keith.

Vaxx

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2004

take it of the other one.
"Dave M" <q_bert@verizon.net> wrote in message
> You've got mail.
>

> Keith in NJ <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> > ok. so i purchased another mr do PCB from a NG member.. this time
> guaranteed
> > to not be DOA and when i opened it.. it was in fact alive. very much
> alive..
> > so much so that mr do seems like he's on crack when he's digging.
> >
> > i remember a while back Evil Exidy posted his Mr Do speed up hack for
the
> D2
> > rom and this seems like someone burned that speed up to this board.
> > i'm not a big fan of playing it like this and was wondering if anyone
has
> an
> > original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get from them or a
> > replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?
> >
> > just when i thought my quest was over.
> >
> > another funny thing is.. this board looks strangely related to the
> > non-working board i purchased previously.. you know.. the '100% working'
> > board *cough*.
> > anyhow.. when i bought that board.. the same seller had another mr do
PCB
> > for sale... the one i didn't bid on had a red tag and a gray jumper wire
> > near the edge connector side. i made a point to make sure the seller
> didn't
> > send me that one since it wasn't the one i bid on and i was nervous
about
> it
> > having a jumper wire across the board.
> >
> > well turned out the one i asked for didn't work and the other one..
> > apparently... did.. because i think i have that one now too.
> >
> > anyway... long story short...
> > anyone have an original rom chip... Location D2 - 2764 Rom i could get
> from
> > them or a replacement chip with the correct rom image burned on it?
> >

> > thanks.
> > keith.

i had already made plans to send the other board out to possibly be fixed so
i can recoup some of the loss on the fact i got beat on the auction.
k.

..au...