hi everyone, i have an hp 6735s laptop, it has just failed to boot up properly after being as good as it could be since new, power light flashes amber and blinking led light next to caps lock button comes on, drive runs etc, just like its trying to start, just doesnt come on, tried all the recommended fix's etc, holding power button down to drain the power etc battery out, battery in , ac in and out but no good, emailed hp tech, got no replies, cant afford a new one as i am a full time carer for my disabled daughter and the laptop is a life line for both of us, any one help please ??? before it goes in the bin
Here is how HP resets computers back to factory settings. please note that this most likely will delete all of your files. if you need to do a backup first and cant boot you should use a linux live disk to save your important files first.
To return all settings in Computer Setup to the values that were set at the factory, follow these steps:
1. Turn on or restart the computer, and then press esc while the “Press the ESC key for Startup Menu”
message is displayed at the bottom of the screen.
2. Press f10 to enter BIOS Setup.
3. Use a pointing device or the arrow keys to select File > Restore defaults.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions.
5. To save your changes and exit, click the Save icon in the lower-left corner of the screen, and then
follow the on-screen instructions.
– or –
Use the arrow keys to select File > Save changes and exit, and then press enter.
Your changes go into effect when the computer restarts.