0xc0000142

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

rundll32.exe and explorer.exe give the above code. problems seems to go
away if i unplug my new microsoft fingerprint reader.

in an earlier post, i indicated a stop error:
0x0000000A (0x00000000,
0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xX806f4906)
problem was appaently fixed when i unplugged fingerprint reader and
uninstalled the software that came with it. as it stands right now, i have
a useless piece of hardware on my hands.
2 answers Last reply
More about 0xc0000142
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    Is the fingerprint reader on the compatibility list? If not, then I'd expect
    to have some sort of problem with it. Try contacting the vendor and see if
    they have any solution to the XP problem - new driver or whatever.

    "Rickey" wrote:

    > rundll32.exe and explorer.exe give the above code. problems seems to go
    > away if i unplug my new microsoft fingerprint reader.
    >
    > in an earlier post, i indicated a stop error:
    > 0x0000000A (0x00000000,
    > 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xX806f4906)
    > problem was appaently fixed when i unplugged fingerprint reader and
    > uninstalled the software that came with it. as it stands right now, i have
    > a useless piece of hardware on my hands.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

    fingerprint reader is microsoft product. Software is microsoft as well.

    "HiBaller" <HiBaller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is the fingerprint reader on the compatibility list? If not, then I'd
    > expect
    > to have some sort of problem with it. Try contacting the vendor and see
    > if
    > they have any solution to the XP problem - new driver or whatever.
    >
    > "Rickey" wrote:
    >
    >> rundll32.exe and explorer.exe give the above code. problems seems to go
    >> away if i unplug my new microsoft fingerprint reader.
    >>
    >> in an earlier post, i indicated a stop error:
    >> 0x0000000A (0x00000000,
    >> 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xX806f4906)
    >> problem was appaently fixed when i unplugged fingerprint reader and
    >> uninstalled the software that came with it. as it stands right now, i
    >> have
    >> a useless piece of hardware on my hands.

Hardware Microsoft Windows XP