0xc0000142

May 31, 2005 9:42:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

rundll32.exe and explorer.exe give the above code. problems seems to go
away if i unplug my new microsoft fingerprint reader.

in an earlier post, i indicated a stop error:
0x0000000A (0x00000000,
0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xX806f4906)
problem was appaently fixed when i unplugged fingerprint reader and
uninstalled the software that came with it. as it stands right now, i have
a useless piece of hardware on my hands.

More about : 0xc0000142

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 1:34:06 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

Is the fingerprint reader on the compatibility list? If not, then I'd expect
to have some sort of problem with it. Try contacting the vendor and see if
they have any solution to the XP problem - new driver or whatever.

"Rickey" wrote:

> rundll32.exe and explorer.exe give the above code. problems seems to go
> away if i unplug my new microsoft fingerprint reader.
>
> in an earlier post, i indicated a stop error:
> 0x0000000A (0x00000000,
> 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xX806f4906)
> problem was appaently fixed when i unplugged fingerprint reader and
> uninstalled the software that came with it. as it stands right now, i have
> a useless piece of hardware on my hands.

June 1, 2005 11:57:47 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?)

fingerprint reader is microsoft product. Software is microsoft as well.

!