Problem

G

I'm not exactly sure if this is a video card issue, but the problem I'm having is that my monitor loses the signal after the windows XP loading screen. Just when it looks like it's going to swith to the login screen, my monitor goes into standby. I assume this is a driver issue since I can boot into safe mode. Any ideas on how to solve this issue? I'm currently looking for an old card I can throw in there.

TIA,

P.

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=10639" target="_new">My Machine</A>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Try removing the video card from device manager in safe mode and reboot to normal mode. Windows should allow you to log in and then redetect the card, if it's a video card driver issue.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Cyrus

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2004
Did you change your monitor? Boot on VGA mode before trying the safe mode. If it works than your monitor has problem on high resolution or high refresh rate.

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
Could be a driver issues or running a refresh/res setting that is unsupported by the monitor. Reinstall the drivers or boot into VGA mode should give you answers.

<i><font color=red>Only an overclocker can make a computer into a convectional oven.</i></font color=red>

cleeve

Illustrious
Ditto that. Is it an old monitor?