Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Freeze when creating 'New' from Desktop

Tags:
  • Support
  • Desktops
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
May 31, 2005 7:45:54 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

When creating a New item, folder, file, etc...
right-clicking over the desktop,
Windows XP shows the sandglass for 1minute 15seconds,
and afterwards show the menu.

Really annoying...

Any solution?

More about : freeze creating desktop

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 1:18:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"Tomas" <Tomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:EEF4FFB7-4738-47B5-BE0C-9F1155DDFCB6@microsoft.com...
> When creating a New item, folder, file, etc...
> right-clicking over the desktop,
> Windows XP shows the sandglass for 1minute 15seconds,
> and afterwards show the menu.
>
> Really annoying...
>
> Any solution?
June 8, 2005 5:14:03 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Ramesh.
Thanks a lot for the info, it seemed to be
the problem of slow when network is enabled.
Cheers,
Tomas

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" escribió:

> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>
>
> "Tomas" <Tomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:EEF4FFB7-4738-47B5-BE0C-9F1155DDFCB6@microsoft.com...
> > When creating a New item, folder, file, etc...
> > right-clicking over the desktop,
> > Windows XP shows the sandglass for 1minute 15seconds,
> > and afterwards show the menu.
> >
> > Really annoying...
> >
> > Any solution?
>
>
Anonymous
June 9, 2005 12:15:43 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Tomas,

You're welcome. Is the problem resolved now?

--
Ramesh Srinivasan
MS-MVP, Windows Shell

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

"Tomas" <Tomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2465CDE8-4D8D-4797-8A41-A4200C3D1518@microsoft.com...
> Hi Ramesh.
> Thanks a lot for the info, it seemed to be
> the problem of slow when network is enabled.
> Cheers,
> Tomas
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" escribió:
>
>> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>
>>
>> "Tomas" <Tomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:EEF4FFB7-4738-47B5-BE0C-9F1155DDFCB6@microsoft.com...
>> > When creating a New item, folder, file, etc...
>> > right-clicking over the desktop,
>> > Windows XP shows the sandglass for 1minute 15seconds,
>> > and afterwards show the menu.
>> >
>> > Really annoying...
>> >
>> > Any solution?
>>
>>
!