Hi guys. My Toshiba P20 notebook strangely stopped reading DVDs/CDs this
morning. It was working fine last night, when I downloaded a demo version of
Nero version 6 but this morning it's like the drive has just totally died.
I've been on device manager, according to which the drive has no problems. I
can't even run my Toshiba Controls and Utilities CD-R to try and fix the
problem. I've done a system restore to restore the notebook to before I
downloaded Nero but without any results. Any advice guys?

Thanks in advance!

Look in Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs for Nero. Remove it if there.
Also in Control Panel>AdminTools>Services
Scroll to IMAPI CD Burning COM and make sure it's started. Rt click on Dvd
Icon in MyComputer>select Properties>
Recording>check Box Enable Recording on this drive.
"lachlan" <lachlan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys. My Toshiba P20 notebook strangely stopped reading DVDs/CDs this
> morning. It was working fine last night, when I downloaded a demo version
> of
> Nero version 6 but this morning it's like the drive has just totally died.
> I've been on device manager, according to which the drive has no problems.
> can't even run my Toshiba Controls and Utilities CD-R to try and fix the
> problem. I've done a system restore to restore the notebook to before I
> downloaded Nero but without any results. Any advice guys?
>
> Thanks in advance!

Thanks for the advice Rich, unfortunatley if hasn't changed my situation -
DVD-R MulitDrive still inoperative! Any other ideas?