What Should I Expect to Pay?

I am looking to buy my first arcade machine soon, but I am trying to budget
out how much it would cost me.

I am looking for something in the Capcom fighter series, i.e. - Two
Joysticks, 6 Buttons Each... etc...

I found a guide online that gave me an idea, but the guide is several years
old (1999 I believe).

What do these game currently go for at auction?

I will be looking to make my purchase from http://www.auctiongamesales.com
when they have the August 6th auction in Winston-Salem, NC. (Closest auction
that I know of to me, as I live in Charlotte, NC)

Thanks for any help you can give me.

--Bob

You should be able to get something like that for under $200.

"Bob Cormeay" <bcormeay@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am looking to buy my first arcade machine soon, but I am trying to budget
>out how much it would cost me.
>
> I am looking for something in the Capcom fighter series, i.e. - Two
> Joysticks, 6 Buttons Each... etc...
>
> I found a guide online that gave me an idea, but the guide is several
> years old (1999 I believe).
>
> What do these game currently go for at auction?
>
> I will be looking to make my purchase from http://www.auctiongamesales.com
> when they have the August 6th auction in Winston-Salem, NC. (Closest
> auction that I know of to me, as I live in Charlotte, NC)
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.
>
> --Bob

Around $200-400, depending on condition of the cabinet. For example an
really nice MK with dedicated cabinet and nice overlay would be in the
400 range. A jamma street fighter in a generic spray painted black
dynamo cab with marks and dings would go fro about 150-200.

Your final price will depend more on the monitor quality and cabinet
than the actual game choice.

Brian
atlfun

If you're new to collecting, you might want to consider also looking
around locally (by posting a WTB to this group or craigslist.org), or
even watching eBay for local auctions. There's many o hazard to the
newbie at auctions; understated game problems ("It was working last
night!", shill bidders, lots of fees).... then again, I guess those
apply to eBay too....

Seth
pgh, pa