Help - Unabel to delete file

Help pleese I'm having a problem when I try to delete a file I an eror mesage
the mesage is:

"Cannot delete "filename": It is being used by another person or program

Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."

There is nothing using it I have restarted and tryed again and even
restarted to safe mode and tryed but I get the same mesage.

The file is an uncomplete download that I canseled it's current sise is
84.4Kb I'm using XP Home With service pack 2.

Any help or sugestions would be greatly apreciated

Thanks

-Séan

"Séan" <Séan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Help pleese I'm having a problem when I try to delete a file I an eror
> mesage
> the mesage is:
>
> "Cannot delete "filename": It is being used by another person or
> program
>
> Close any programs that might be using the file and try again."
>
> There is nothing using it I have restarted and tryed again and even
> restarted to safe mode and tryed but I get the same mesage.
>
> The file is an uncomplete download that I canseled it's current sise
> is
> 84.4Kb I'm using XP Home With service pack 2.
>
> Any help or sugestions would be greatly apreciated

How do I delete an "undeletable" file?
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_undeletable_file.htm

--
William