Restoring windows xp home

May 31, 2005 8:05:32 PM

Everytime when I want to restore to a previous date the system says after
choosing such a restore point that the system could not restore me - I tried
several restore points with no luck.
--
Thanx from sunny South Africa

More about : restoring windows home

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 3:44:07 AM

"blows" <blows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Everytime when I want to restore to a previous date the system says after
>choosing such a restore point that the system could not restore me - I tried
>several restore points with no luck.

See MVP Bert Kinney's System Restore pages:
http://home.earthlink.net/~mvp_bert/index.html

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

http://aumha.org/alex.htm
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 4:43:16 PM

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.

Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
Click on System in the left pane.
Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in
the right pane to sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below
the two arrows in the upper right corner. This will copy the event
information to the clipboard. Paste the information for each of the
two event here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
System Restore Failures to restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srauto.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

blows wrote:
> Everytime when I want to restore to a previous date the
> system says after choosing such a restore point that the
> system could not restore me - I tried several restore
> points with no luck.
June 1, 2005 5:54:01 PM

Event Type: Information
Event Source: SRService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 111
Date: 2005/05/31
Time: 07:36:35 PM
User: N/A
Computer: HP23181201602
A restoration to "System Checkpoint" restore point failed. No changes have
been made to the system.

Event Type: Information
Event Source: SRService
Event Category: None
Event ID: 111

Date: 2005/04/24
Time: 07:48:55 PM
User: N/A
Computer: HP23181201602
A restoration to "System Checkpoint" restore point occurred successfully.

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here are some troubleshooting tips for System Restore in Windows XP.
>
> Go to Start - Run and type eventvwr.msc and press enter.
> Click on System in the left pane.
> Click the gray title "Source" at the top of the source name column in
> the right pane to sort by source name, look for "sr" and "srservice".
> Double click on each of these events, then click on the button below
> the two arrows in the upper right corner. This will copy the event
> information to the clipboard. Paste the information for each of the
> two event here. This will help us in diagnosing the problem.
> System Restore Failures to restore:
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srfail.html
> System Restore fails to create an automatic restore point:
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/srauto.html
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>

> blows wrote:
> > Everytime when I want to restore to a previous date the
> > system says after choosing such a restore point that the
> > system could not restore me - I tried several restore
> > points with no luck.

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 10:37:27 PM

Hi,

Create a new restore point and immediately do a restore to it. Did
that work?

--

!