windows won't start

kah

I am running a HP Pavillion 5700 with windows xp home. At start up it begins
to load windows then goes to ablue screen with the folloiwng message:

"Registry cannot load hive(file) \systemroot\system32\config\security or its
log alternate. It is corrupt absent or non writable. Beginning dump of
physical memory. Physical memory dump complete"

It then reboots and continues the cycle unless turned off. It runs this
cycle even if I attempt a boot to command pompt, or safe mode, or whatever.
Have run a repair install the problem persists. Does anyone have any
solutions other than reformat. File back-up needs to take place before
reformat.

--
kah

kah <kah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am running a HP Pavillion 5700 with windows xp home. At start up it begins
>to load windows then goes to ablue screen with the folloiwng message:
>
>"Registry cannot load hive(file) \systemroot\system32\config\security or its
>log alternate. It is corrupt absent or non writable. Beginning dump of
>physical memory. Physical memory dump complete"
>
>It then reboots and continues the cycle unless turned off. It runs this
>cycle even if I attempt a boot to command pompt, or safe mode, or whatever.
>Have run a repair install the problem persists. Does anyone have any
>solutions other than reformat. File back-up needs to take place before
>reformat.

See the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to troubleshoot registry corruption issues
Article ID : 822705
http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=822705

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada