Start menu/my recent documents

I was wandering, I really like the start menu/ My recent documents tab but
it seems to me it could be way more useful. Like having the ability to sort
my recent documents by file type or being able to expand the recent files to
30 files instead of 10. Is there any way of changing it or any 3rd party apps
that would create the same effect?

"Lindsey" <Lindsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was wandering, I really like the start menu/ My recent documents tab
> but
> it seems to me it could be way more useful. Like having the ability to
> sort
> my recent documents by file type or being able to expand the recent
> files to
> 30 files instead of 10. Is there any way of changing it or any 3rd
> party apps
> that would create the same effect?

To change the Max number of recent documents:

[HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
Name: MaxRecentDocs
Type: RED_DWORD
Data : enter the # of recent doc in a *decimal* value.

If you are using XP Pro, use Group Policy editor

User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components >
Windows Explorer > Maximum number of recent documents.

--
William

Visit here...

Read the instructions at the top.
210. Right hand side
Change the Number of Recent Documents to 25

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User