Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Ibm thinkpad freeze

Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
September 14, 2012 1:16:44 AM

So i have an IBM Thinkpad r60 but for some reason it keeps freezing after anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour of use. its not the mouse and its not a heat problem either it just freezes. Also i dont have a battery in it due to my battery dying

More about : ibm thinkpad freeze

a c 462 D Laptop
September 14, 2012 5:41:42 AM

Hard to say. I would try a clean install in the event the operating system is corrupted.
m
l
September 15, 2012 2:28:32 AM

jaguarskx said:
Hard to say. I would try a clean install in the event the operating system is corrupted.

I did that and i put my non working battery in and now it just freezes when i watch videos, which sadly is the reason i bought it off my friend. I think now the video card is just getting extremely hot when i watch videos even with my cooling pad
m
l

Best solution

July 31, 2013 1:28:03 PM

Jesus Christ! You have an overheating problem. In my experiences, 90% of the time my processor would freeze when it gets too hot. Then as it cools down it returns to work. The IBM Thinkpad T20 that I have does not have that problem because I applied a new thermal compound as well as have 3 fans running underneath to carry the heat out. I also took the CD drive out and the cover to the PCMCIA card slots so it has more ventilation. Good luck.
!