Ibm thinkpad freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj1x35

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012
So i have an IBM Thinkpad r60 but for some reason it keeps freezing after anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour of use. its not the mouse and its not a heat problem either it just freezes. Also i dont have a battery in it due to my battery dying

Solution
Jesus Christ! You have an overheating problem. In my experiences, 90% of the time my processor would freeze when it gets too hot. Then as it cools down it returns to work. The IBM Thinkpad T20 that I have does not have that problem because I applied a new thermal compound as well as have 3 fans running underneath to carry the heat out. I also took the CD drive out and the cover to the PCMCIA card slots so it has more ventilation. Good luck.

cj1x35

Honorable
Aug 27, 2012

I did that and i put my non working battery in and now it just freezes when i watch videos, which sadly is the reason i bought it off my friend. I think now the video card is just getting extremely hot when i watch videos even with my cooling pad

Tien Nguyen

Honorable
Apr 16, 2013
Jesus Christ! You have an overheating problem. In my experiences, 90% of the time my processor would freeze when it gets too hot. Then as it cools down it returns to work. The IBM Thinkpad T20 that I have does not have that problem because I applied a new thermal compound as well as have 3 fans running underneath to carry the heat out. I also took the CD drive out and the cover to the PCMCIA card slots so it has more ventilation. Good luck.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.