Question about Jamma adapters

I have a Crime City Jamma game. Could any Jamma board that uses the
same controls and orientation plug and play? If I got a Nintendo Jamma
adapter like this one:

http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=NIN2JAMMA

could I just plug any of the boards listed into the harness and play
the game or is the more to it than that?
4 answers Last reply
More about question jamma adapters

    Yeah, that's all there is to it.

    :
    : http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?sku=NIN2JAMMA
    :
    : could I just plug any of the boards listed into the harness and play
    : the game or is the more to it than that?

    Make sure you harness has -5V on it... many jamma games don't, and a lot
    of classic games (including nintendo) need them.

    --
    Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
    50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu

    question...
    would having the -5v hooked up to the harness harm any boards that don't
    normally use the -5?

    k.

    Keith in NJ <winner@soulshot.com> wrote:
    : question...
    : would having the -5v hooked up to the harness harm any boards that don't
    : normally use the -5?

    Nope. They just don't have it connected anywhere on the board.

    --
    Mark Spaeth mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
    50 Vassar St., #38.265 mspaeth@mit.edu
    Cambridge, MA 02139