In need of a PCI graphics card for triple-monitor

totem

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2005
Good morning everyone

I recently bought a 17" monitor which I'd like to add to my current setup (two monitors, 17" and 21", driven by a Sapphire Radeon 9700, 128MBs).

1. I'd prefer a card with an integrated TV tuner (All in wonder?).

2. This card will not be used for games but web browsing, media playing and file editing.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

P.S. All of the monitors are CRT.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Wow, integrated TV tuner eh? Well, you could get an AIW Radeon PCI, or a newer version. PCI is fairly slow, 133MB/s, and you'll need about 1/2 of that just to feed uncompressed video through the PCI bus to the CPU for compression. So you'll find something that works, but TV recording likely won't be ideal.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
Do you mean PCI or PCI-E?

What mobo do you want this for?

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

RichPLS

Champion
I don't know of any Video/Tuner cards that support 3 displays.

So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

totem

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2005
"
Do you mean PCI or PCI-E?
What mobo do you want this for?
"

I mean PCI not PCI-E. My motheboard's model number is GA 8SQ800.

"
I don't know of any Video/Tuner cards that support 3 displays
"

I am afraid you misunderstood me. I don't need a card that can support three displays. I am just looking for a PCI graphics card with an integrated TV tuner so I can drive my third monitor and watch TV on my PC.

Thanks

RichPLS

Champion
ATI makes tuner cards, but only support dual displays as far as I know.

Do you currently have a video card that supports dual monitors?

You might be able to get a PCI TV card and output to a television using the svideo out or something...

RichPLS

Champion
Enlighten ME!!! Splain yerself... [/frustration overcomes me]

RichPLS

Champion
<A HREF="http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20040216/" target="_new"> Multiple Displays </A>

Matrox makes a card to support 3 displays.

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
He already has a card that does dual display. He wants another card (PCI) that can also output to another display AND has a TV tuner (so he can have a DUAL card, TRIPLE display and TV-in). ATi made one for awhile based off the Rage 128, but they're very hard to find now.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.

RichPLS

Champion
tanks for clarificatin.

But, most TV cards will display TV through the video card itself, not the TV card. Unless you use the TV cards svideo output to a television. My TV Wonder Pro does not have connection itself to a monitor.
Is that not correct?

Vapor

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
That's all correct--what he is looking for is not a TV Wonder but rather a PCI AIW.

Maxtor disgraces the six letters that make Matrox.