Delete old operating system

I had 2 os of xp on my puter. Was able to edit boot.ini to run only 1 os. I
want to delete old os. Ran %windir% and found old os in explorer, but can't
delete. Delete window comes up for about 5 second and stops process. How do I
delete old os from hard drive?
Thanks
hokey

"hokey" <hokey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I had 2 os of xp on my puter. Was able to edit boot.ini to run only 1 os. I
>want to delete old os. Ran %windir% and found old os in explorer, but can't
>delete. Delete window comes up for about 5 second and stops process. How do I
>delete old os from hard drive?
>Thanks
>hokey

If you have two copies of Windows XP installed on the same partition
then you have a tangled mess, and if you try to remove one of these
installs you are likely to leave the other one as unusable.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP