Can't install Nav 2005 or Ad-aware SE

My Nav 2004 subscription expired recently. I renewed my subscription online,
but when trying to install the Nav 2005 version, after the installation
screen goes away, I'm left with nothing, no setup or anything. After many
emails back and forth with Symantec and many hours of online virus scans,
Norton full system scan, adware removals etc. My computer is virus free
according to all the scans, I did have some adware I have removed, I am still
unable to install Nav 2005. While trouble shooting this issue, I attempted
to install Lavasoft Ad-aware SE. I download the .exe, but upon execution, I
receive an error I am unable to install. I've tried system restore, but
those fail too, with no error messages. I'm stuck. Please help.

Thanks.

=?Utf-8?B?aGF0Y3JlZWs=?= rambled on in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:

> My Nav 2004 subscription expired recently. I renewed my subscription
online,
> but when trying to install the Nav 2005 version, after the installation
> screen goes away, I'm left with nothing, no setup or anything. After many
> emails back and forth with Symantec and many hours of online virus scans,
> Norton full system scan, adware removals etc. My computer is virus free
> according to all the scans, I did have some adware I have removed, I am
still
> unable to install Nav 2005. While trouble shooting this issue, I attempted
> to install Lavasoft Ad-aware SE. I download the .exe, but upon execution,
> receive an error I am unable to install. I've tried system restore, but
> those fail too, with no error messages. I'm stuck. Please help.
>
> Thanks.

Are you logged on as an admin or with admin rights?