agp display adaptor in pci mode

Penfolde

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
Hello
It's been so-long since i posted a problem with this forum that i've forgot my old user name lol..... not greate problem, i've know change my handle since then.

Anyway .. back to why im here. I noticed a couple of nights ago that my AGP graphic cards was showing in the display adaptor as being in a PCI location (BUS 2). I never really noticed it before and to be honist never really payed much attention to that page before,.... until that time in a Geforce4 Ti 4800 life when it need to be overclocked. I Downloaded RivaTuner V2.0 and processed to to overclock the card, Surfing through the other tabs I noticed that the "AGP Fastwrite" was off, "AGP Sideband addressing" was also off and the "AGP transfer rate" was set to PCI!!??.
I've been right through my Bios and everything is set-up for an AGP GC, I've tryed installing the latest drivers (FORCEWARE 56.72) but this dose not seem to correct the entery.

Q: Can anyone tell if this is ok or.... How to change the adaptor from PCI to AGP?

Penfolde

1-more thing for those that have the same problem, One thing i did find out is that if u are runniong AGP card in PCI mode, u need to set the pci texture memory to 1/2 of mem

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
LOL, you skipped the driver set you were supposed to load first: The chipset drivers, which came on a CD with the motherboard.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Penfolde

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
thought of that one some time last night, tryed re-instlling me M/B drivers then followed by my G/C, so fair i have managed to soft-mod me graphic card, to try and get round the problem

Penfolde

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2005
figured it out, It I had alook on the Nvida website and they gave a pointer look at me AGP apature size, I had set it below 64mg, I'll never take the advice of experts again lol,

Cya all

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Experts? I'm an expert, and I recommend 128MB.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>