Closed

Windows Update Gives Blank screen

Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word "done" in
the message bar.
5 answers Last reply
More about windows update blank screen

    Add Windows Update addresses to the trusted sites list

    1.Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
    2.Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
    3.Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites.
    4.Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification
    (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
    5.In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type each of the following
    addresses, and click Add after each address:

    http://Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    http://V4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    https://v4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    http://Download.Windowsupdate.com
    http://V5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    https://v5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com

    6.Click OK to close all Internet Options windows.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word "done"
    > in
    > the message bar.

    Ramesh - Problem solved. THX !! Pat Confalone

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Add Windows Update addresses to the trusted sites list
    >
    > 1.Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
    > 2.Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
    > 3.Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites.
    > 4.Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification
    > (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
    > 5.In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type each of the following
    > addresses, and click Add after each address:
    >
    > • http://Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    > • http://V4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    > • https://v4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    > • http://Download.Windowsupdate.com
    > • http://V5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    > • https://v5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    >
    > 6.Click OK to close all Internet Options windows.
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word "done"
    > > in
    > > the message bar.

    You're welcome Pat.

    --

    > Ramesh - Problem solved. THX !! Pat Confalone
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Add Windows Update addresses to the trusted sites list
    >>
    >> 1.Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
    >> 2.Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
    >> 3.Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites.
    >> 4.Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification
    >> (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
    >> 5.In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type each of the following
    >> addresses, and click Add after each address:
    >>
    >> • http://Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    >> • http://V4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    >> • https://v4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    >> • http://Download.Windowsupdate.com
    >> • http://V5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    >> • https://v5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
    >>
    >> 6.Click OK to close all Internet Options windows.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word
    >> > "done"
    >> > in
    >> > the message bar.

  4. I am experiencing the same (or similar) problem, but the fix as listed did nothing to resolve my issue.
  5. Start a new thread.

Support Windows Update Microsoft Windows XP