Windows Update Gives Blank screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word "done" in
the message bar.

Add Windows Update addresses to the trusted sites list

1.Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2.Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
3.Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites.
4.Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification
(https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
5.In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type each of the following
addresses, and click Add after each address:

http://Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http://V4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
https://v4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http://Download.Windowsupdate.com
http://V5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
https://v5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com

6.Click OK to close all Internet Options windows.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word "done"
> in
> the message bar.

Ramesh - Problem solved. THX !! Pat Confalone

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Add Windows Update addresses to the trusted sites list
>
> 1.Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
> 2.Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
> 3.Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites.
> 4.Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification
> (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
> 5.In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type each of the following
> addresses, and click Add after each address:
>
> • http://Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> • http://V4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> • https://v4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> • http://Download.Windowsupdate.com
> • http://V5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> • https://v5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>
> 6.Click OK to close all Internet Options windows.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word "done"
> > in
> > the message bar.

You're welcome Pat.

--

> Ramesh - Problem solved. THX !! Pat Confalone
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Add Windows Update addresses to the trusted sites list
>>
>> 1.Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
>> 2.Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
>> 3.Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites.
>> 4.Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification
>> (https:) for all sites in this zone check box.
>> 5.In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type each of the following
>> addresses, and click Add after each address:
>>
>> • http://Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>> • http://V4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>> • https://v4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>> • http://Download.Windowsupdate.com
>> • http://V5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>> • https://v5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>>
>> 6.Click OK to close all Internet Options windows.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word
>> > "done"
>> > in
>> > the message bar.

Ptiger

Honorable
I am experiencing the same (or similar) problem, but the fix as listed did nothing to resolve my issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS