Closed

Windows Update Gives Blank screen

May 31, 2005 10:41:04 PM

Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word "done" in
the message bar.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 1:27:40 PM

Add Windows Update addresses to the trusted sites list

1.Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2.Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
3.Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites.
4.Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification
(https:)  for all sites in this zone check box.
5.In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type each of the following
addresses, and click Add after each address:

http://Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http://V4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
https://v4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
http://Download.Windowsupdate.com
http://V5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
https://v5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com

6.Click OK to close all Internet Options windows.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word "done"
> in
> the message bar.
Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:33:01 PM

Ramesh - Problem solved. THX !! Pat Confalone

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Add Windows Update addresses to the trusted sites list
>
> 1.Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
> 2.Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
> 3.Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites.
> 4.Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification
> (https:)  for all sites in this zone check box.
> 5.In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type each of the following
> addresses, and click Add after each address:
>
> • http://Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> • http://V4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> • https://v4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> • http://Download.Windowsupdate.com
> • http://V5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
> • https://v5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>
> 6.Click OK to close all Internet Options windows.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word "done"
> > in
> > the message bar.

June 2, 2005 12:30:18 PM

You're welcome Pat.

--

> Ramesh - Problem solved. THX !! Pat Confalone
>
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Add Windows Update addresses to the trusted sites list
>>
>> 1.Open Microsoft Internet Explorer.
>> 2.Click Tools, and then click Internet Options.
>> 3.Click the Security tab, and then click Trusted Sites.
>> 4.Click Sites, and then click to clear the Require server verification
>> (https:)  for all sites in this zone check box.
>> 5.In the Add this Web site to the zone box, type each of the following
>> addresses, and click Add after each address:
>>
>> • http://Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>> • http://V4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>> • https://v4.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>> • http://Download.Windowsupdate.com
>> • http://V5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>> • https://v5.Windowsupdate.microsoft.com
>>
>> 6.Click OK to close all Internet Options windows.
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
>> Windows XP Shell/User
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "Confalone" <Confalone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Window Update doesn't show up but merely goes blank with the word
>> > "done"
>> > in
>> > the message bar.

March 29, 2012 1:59:36 AM

I am experiencing the same (or similar) problem, but the fix as listed did nothing to resolve my issue.
!