Solved

Problem with USB ports on ASUS X401A

Tags:
  • Asus
  • USB
  • Laptops
Last response: in Laptop Tech Support
September 14, 2012 4:07:19 PM

Hy guys, after many frustrating attempts to install Win 7 on my Asus X401A with a USB stick (no dvd drive) I finally did it but now there's another problem, the USB ports won't work, I tried 3 different sticks and the light on them won't even work so I'm guessing there is no power to the ports but obviously they should work since I installed Windows from the USB 2.0 port.

How can I get them to work because without installing the drivers the notebook doesn't work well?

More about : problem usb ports asus x401a

September 14, 2012 8:08:47 PM

Yes I know, I have the drivers but how di I get them in the notebook without any USB?
m
l
Related resources
September 14, 2012 9:16:48 PM

Maybe I'm missing something but can't you download the drivers straight from the interweb? Or do you need a driver to connect?
m
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b D Laptop
September 14, 2012 9:26:06 PM

check to see if it got disable in bios.
September 16, 2012 7:37:43 PM

In stupid Windows nothing works without the drivers, but Linux to the rescue and now the problem is solved.
Cant believe I didn't think of god old dependable Linux from the beginning.
m
l
September 16, 2012 7:38:20 PM

Best answer selected by mike_fox.
m
l
November 29, 2012 11:13:15 PM

mike_fox said:
Hy guys, after many frustrating attempts to install Win 7 on my Asus X401A with a USB stick (no dvd drive) I finally did it but now there's another problem, the USB ports won't work, I tried 3 different sticks and the light on them won't even work so I'm guessing there is no power to the ports but obviously they should work since I installed Windows from the USB 2.0 port.

How can I get them to work because without installing the drivers the notebook doesn't work well?

How did you install Windows 7? I was told by best buy you cannot change the operating system because the developers locked the bios. Please tell me what you did. I can’t stand this windows 8. I want to format my entire system but I can't

Thank you!
m
l
!