Solved

Problem with USB ports on ASUS X401A

Hy guys, after many frustrating attempts to install Win 7 on my Asus X401A with a USB stick (no dvd drive) I finally did it but now there's another problem, the USB ports won't work, I tried 3 different sticks and the light on them won't even work so I'm guessing there is no power to the ports but obviously they should work since I installed Windows from the USB 2.0 port.

How can I get them to work because without installing the drivers the notebook doesn't work well?
Reply to mike_fox
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about problem ports asus x401a
  1. Yes I know, I have the drivers but how di I get them in the notebook without any USB?
    Reply to mike_fox
  2. Maybe I'm missing something but can't you download the drivers straight from the interweb? Or do you need a driver to connect?
    Reply to henzerani
  3. Best answer
    check to see if it got disable in bios.
    Reply to rgd1101
  4. In stupid Windows nothing works without the drivers, but Linux to the rescue and now the problem is solved.
    Cant believe I didn't think of god old dependable Linux from the beginning.
    Reply to mike_fox
  5. Best answer selected by mike_fox.
    Reply to mike_fox
  6. mike_fox said:
    Hy guys, after many frustrating attempts to install Win 7 on my Asus X401A with a USB stick (no dvd drive) I finally did it but now there's another problem, the USB ports won't work, I tried 3 different sticks and the light on them won't even work so I'm guessing there is no power to the ports but obviously they should work since I installed Windows from the USB 2.0 port.

How can I get them to work because without installing the drivers the notebook doesn't work well?

How did you install Windows 7? I was told by best buy you cannot change the operating system because the developers locked the bios. Please tell me what you did. I can’t stand this windows 8. I want to format my entire system but I can't

Thank you!
    Reply to emerald14
  7. emerald14 said:
    mike_fox said:

How did you install Windows 7? I was told by best buy you cannot change the operating system because the developers locked the bios. Please tell me what you did. I can’t stand this windows 8. I want to format my entire system but I can't

Thank you!

Its a complete lie, I just bough an asus X554L And downgraded it to windows 7 instantly, I realized the usb ports were not working for some kind of reason, I googled it up but found no solution, At the end i Decided to find one by my own and i found one...

Here are the steps;
    >Enter your bios
    >Go to the "Advanced" Menu
    >Go to "USB Configuration"
    >Disable "XHCI Pre-Boot Mode"
    >Press f10 Save and exit
    >Boot up and There you go
    Reply to Mr_Lolled
  8. Its a complete lie, I just bough an asus X554L And downgraded it to windows 7 instantly, I realized the usb ports were not working for some kind of reason, I googled it up but found no solution, At the end i Decided to find one by my own and i found one...

Here are the steps;
    >Enter your bios
    >Go to the "Advanced" Menu
    >Go to "USB Configuration"
    >Disable "XHCI Pre-Boot Mode"
    >Press f10 Save and exit
    >Boot up and There you go
    (thank you Mr_Lolled for this answer it solved my problem , i registered at this site just to thank you , you saved my day after Allah (god) ,,,,)
    Reply to kiskitta
Ask a new question Answer

Read More

Asus USB Laptops