Sign in with
Your question

Need help choosing a graphics card for Laptop! :D

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
September 14, 2012 9:53:20 AM

Hello everyone! Well guys I just noticed that my laptop does not have dedicated graphics card, can you tell me which ones are compatible for my motherboard here are the details:
Toshiba Satellite R630m
Intel Core i5 quad core 450m @2.40ghz
4gb of installed RAM
ACPI x64 PC

I have Intel HD graphics and i am looking for ATI radeon ones.I have a 200-250$ budget also I won't be playing high end games just League of Legends, Minecraft and Guild Wars 2

Here is my laptop if you need any other reference http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/laptops/toshiba-satellite-r63... THANK YOU FOR your time
a b D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 9:57:05 AM

And how do you plan on going about changing it?
It's possible to upgrade the Mobile GPU chips in some models of laptops and requires quite a bit of know-how.
In your case, I see that as a too far out possibility of trying to change the GPU in that laptop even if it were possible.
IMO--- Sell this and get one with the kind of GPU you want.
m
l
September 14, 2012 9:59:00 AM

There is a shop I know they upgrade desktops and laptops, they did it for my HP pavillion so it shouldnt be a problem
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
a b U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 10:01:05 AM

Well, then you really ought to be asking them straight away if it is possible in this particular laptop.
m
l
a c 214 U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 10:05:53 AM

Only the highest end of laptops(gaming laptops mostly) is it possible to change the GPU.But even then it's a slim chance whether it's possible or not.In short you can't upgrade the graphics of your laptop.

Was your HP pavillion a desktop?
m
l
September 14, 2012 3:23:55 PM

No it was the DV6 something the big laptops.
m
l
September 14, 2012 3:24:49 PM

Well is there any way i can increase my League of Legends FPS its currently at 25 on low settings and I hate to see a good laptop go to waste because it lacks a dedicated video card :( 
m
l
September 14, 2012 3:37:12 PM

this is not the proper answer u want because i also believe it's very difficult or not possible to install a graphic chip into laptop mobo.

but u should just try update ur intel graphic drive to latest, just adjust ur resolution and lower down some setting to get your favourable frame rate and quality

cheers!
m
l
a c 271 U Graphics card
September 14, 2012 5:34:52 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Laptops & Notebooks by Mousemonkey
m
l
!