Ok I have a dilemma; I'm working on this computer. I had to do an overlay
of Windows XP Pro. However, this guy does not have his cd-key and it was
only afterwards that he informed us of this. So, I'm halfway through the
overlay and it asks for the cd-key, I can't proceed any further. Basically
I'm trying to figure out a way that I can either export the registry or use
some program to find this guy's cd-key. Please advise.

If Windows XP is currently installed and running:

Visit http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html and download the free
Belarc Advisor. After running the program, look under the section
titled "Software Licenses".

If Windows XP is not currently installed and running:

;326246]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];326246

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Michael Stevens]

--
Carey Frisch