Help with home wireless network (total ignorance admitted,..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
April 12, 2004 5:47:54 PM

I would appreciate help with the following problem:

I have a DSL connection with Bell Sympatico which comes through a
modem-router (Speedstream 6300). Two computers in my home (Windows 98 and
XP) recieve the signal through wireless cards. There is no problem with the
Win98 computer, but the more sophisticated XP system drops the connection
every few minutes. The connection is easily reastablished by clicking on the
"connect to" tab, but it is annoying and prevents me from leaving long
downloads unattended.

I will try to provide any specific information needed, but I did nothing
strange, I just dumbly followed the XP wizzard for installing this. I have a
Norton firewall in each computer, if this matters

Sympatico cannot help, they referred me to the makers of the modem-router
who are hard to contact.

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Constantin
Anonymous
April 12, 2004 6:19:57 PM

In article <e6xec.3999$AT3.1658@charlie.risq.qc.ca>,
Constantin <constantin.polychronakos@mcgill.ca> wrote:
:There is no problem with the
:Win98 computer, but the more sophisticated XP system drops the connection
:every few minutes. The connection is easily reastablished by clicking on the
:"connect to" tab, but it is annoying and prevents me from leaving long
:D ownloads unattended.

FAQ. Please search the alt.internet.wireless archives (via groups.google.com)
for the two possible solutions. (Hint: the keyword for one of them
is 'Zero'.)

--
vi -- think of it as practice for the ROGUE Olympics!
April 14, 2004 12:51:49 PM

Yah that seems to not be any help!

At least give the poor guy the URL!

Just my 2 cents