  • Bluetooth
  • Windows XP
a b \ Driver
June 1, 2005 6:58:02 AM

I did this before....

As i recall in win98 etc, if u didnt want to use the recommended driver for
lets say a printer, you could choose from ANYTHING you liked, heck you could
install it as a mouse. It wouldnt work but you could.

Now in winxp it wont let you do jack all, so when i want to install the
generica bluetooth radio drivers for my bluetooth dongle, i had to open the
sp2 inf file and alter the Pid's around so that it installed as a generic
radio automatically....

Then windows crashed burned and died, the repair function didnt work, so
reinstall, now i have to do it again and i dont remember where the inf file
for bluetooth radio's is...

Can any1 help or show me another way of simply installing different drivers
for the radio...

Cheers

More about : bluetooth adapter generic drivers

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 1, 2005 2:45:28 PM

You will see "Install from a list or specific location" as an option available in the driver tab of the device properties, if you
open device manager, and choose the option to Not connect to windows update(after clicking the "Update Driver" button)

--

Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for MS Antispyware version 1.0.509
"jimbobiv" <jimbobiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C77B0234-D67A-44F6-BD9D-82B795042011@microsoft.com...
>I did this before....
>
> As i recall in win98 etc, if u didnt want to use the recommended driver for
> lets say a printer, you could choose from ANYTHING you liked, heck you could
> install it as a mouse. It wouldnt work but you could.
>
> Now in winxp it wont let you do jack all, so when i want to install the
> generica bluetooth radio drivers for my bluetooth dongle, i had to open the
> sp2 inf file and alter the Pid's around so that it installed as a generic
> radio automatically....
>
> Then windows crashed burned and died, the repair function didnt work, so
> reinstall, now i have to do it again and i dont remember where the inf file
> for bluetooth radio's is...
>
> Can any1 help or show me another way of simply installing different drivers
> for the radio...
>
> Cheers
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
June 1, 2005 2:45:29 PM

Yeah sure, but to do this, you have to select from a list, it says there is a
problem with the hardware and then kabbam.. doesnt work

Anyway, I just openned bth.inf and changed the PID of the generic bluetooth
radio to the PID of the dongle i was using, everything works fine....

Just for any1 else who has these stupid problems ;o)

!