DVD-r's 0bytes of space?!

Phil

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2001

Hi i have an interesting problem, which I just can't solve

Okay so I was working on the computer last night and I burned a data dvd
with nero. Which worked fine as have all my other dvd's.
(I also installed doom 3, and itunes 4.8 around the same time)

So today I was wanting to burn another dvd, but now it won't burn. If i look
at the dvd properties in explorer the size is 0bytes and capacity is 0bytes.

Windows does appear to recognise it is writable as it pops up the what
action box which will elt me burn the dvd with nero.. etc.

If i view the disc info in nero it says there is 4.38gb free but when i go
to burn it says not enough space on disc!?

Curiously iTunes is cabable of burning to a dvd. So i tried to uninstall
that to no avail then went a step further by doing a system restore to a time
when i knew the dvd buring had worked again with no success.

The drive itself seems ok because it reads written dvd-r's, Normal DVD's,
CD's, CD-R's (wirtes to cd-r just fine)

Any ideas it's driving me mad it makes no sense.

Sorry for the long windidness, i appreciate any input.

Byte

Remove the DVD disk. Reboot the PC and reinsert the disk. It should now work.
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.