DCOM Error

nh

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

Just the last couple of days my machine has developed a problem. Several
things start it, one being selecting print in Outlook Express. The print
window will eventually appear after 2 - 3 minutes and then everything works
OK. Another is trying to load up System Restore, again it takes several
minutes. (Incidently this started after a restore) When I look in the
event log the following appears each time

The server {0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064} did not register with DCOM
within the required timeout.

Any suggestions as to what this is and how to sort it?

Neville

Byte

Maybe this will work for you.
How to disable DCOM support in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825750
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.

"NH" wrote:

> Just the last couple of days my machine has developed a problem. Several
> things start it, one being selecting print in Outlook Express. The print
> window will eventually appear after 2 - 3 minutes and then everything works
> OK. Another is trying to load up System Restore, again it takes several
> minutes. (Incidently this started after a restore) When I look in the
> event log the following appears each time
>
> The server {0C0A3666-30C9-11D0-8F20-00805F2CD064} did not register with DCOM
> within the required timeout.
>
> Any suggestions as to what this is and how to sort it?
>
> Neville

nh

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2004

Just tried this but nothing changed. Printing in anything else, Word etc.
is not affected. I'm baffled

Thanks anyway

Any more help would be greatly appreciated