unkn2232324

The resolution of my monitor suddenly changed and when i fiddled about in the
control panel to fix it the screen went black. Now when i switch computer on
it boots ok until it gets to the choice of user screen after loading XP, the
screen suddenly switches off. System is still running but monitor is on
standby, any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Byte

Have you tried booting in Safe Mode to do a System Restore? Pick a day or
so before the problem started. You can go back up to 90 days.
Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore
"How to Boot in Safe Mode"
http://www.columbia.edu/acis/capture/safemode.html
--
Some days you're the windshield,