keeping our Fido numbers?

PS

does it seem likely that current Fido customers will be able to keep their
Fido numbers, if they stay on with Rogers in the future?

also, now that Fido is part of Rogers, does that mean that current Fido
customers are not eligible for any "new activation" discounts from Rogers?

PS wrote:
> does it seem likely that current Fido customers will be able to keep their
> Fido numbers, if they stay on with Rogers in the future?

In all likelyhood yes. Phone numbers are valuable and finite resources. Rogers
probably doesn't have 1 million spare phone numbers right now, so it would be
pointless for it to acquire new numbers and then handle the costs of moving
Fido customers, compared to just keeping the fido numbers and just moving them
to Rogers telephone switches.

> also, now that Fido is part of Rogers, does that mean that current Fido
> customers are not eligible for any "new activation" discounts from Rogers?

Rogers' policies on customer retention will probably become apparent in the
next couple of weeks.

Since Rogers has just spent 1 billion bucks (or whatever amount) to acquire
Fido customers, they probably can't justify additional acquisition costs to
get a customer they already have.

However, it is likely that customer retention department will elaborate some
interesting policies with regards to keeping Fido customers in the Rogers family.

I woudln't be surprised to see a policy that doesn't give you any goodies if
you want to move to Rogers, but will extend the red carpet if you want to move
to Bell/Telus, at which point, they may offer you some Rogers package.

PS

sounds good about the numbers, thanks for the info.

"JF Mezei" <jfmezei.spamnot@teksavvy.com> wrote in message
> PS wrote:
> > does it seem likely that current Fido customers will be able to keep
their
> > Fido numbers, if they stay on with Rogers in the future?
>
> In all likelyhood yes. Phone numbers are valuable and finite resources.
Rogers
> probably doesn't have 1 million spare phone numbers right now, so it would
be
> pointless for it to acquire new numbers and then handle the costs of
moving
> Fido customers, compared to just keeping the fido numbers and just moving
them
> to Rogers telephone switches.
>
> > also, now that Fido is part of Rogers, does that mean that current Fido
> > customers are not eligible for any "new activation" discounts from
Rogers?

> Rogers' policies on customer retention will probably become apparent in
the
> next couple of weeks.
>
> Since Rogers has just spent 1 billion bucks (or whatever amount) to
acquire
> Fido customers, they probably can't justify additional acquisition costs
> get a customer they already have.
>
> However, it is likely that customer retention department will elaborate
some
> interesting policies with regards to keeping Fido customers in the Rogers
family.

> I woudln't be surprised to see a policy that doesn't give you any goodies
if
> you want to move to Rogers, but will extend the red carpet if you want to
move
> to Bell/Telus, at which point, they may offer you some Rogers package.

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

On Tue, 9 Nov 2004 06:38:06 -0500, "PS" <psbnez@hotmail.com> wrote:

>does it seem likely that current Fido customers will be able to keep their
>Fido numbers, if they stay on with Rogers in the future?
>
>also, now that Fido is part of Rogers, does that mean that current Fido
>customers are not eligible for any "new activation" discounts from Rogers?

If you read the FAQ on Fido's web site about what will happen you'll
see that Rogers intends (at least for the present) to run two
different services for the most part (with the option after three
months of keeping the additional Rogers coverage.) Other than that
everything looks like it will be basically the same.