USR 9106 and USR 2210: poor performance!!!

Hi,
I just installed my ADSL gateway (USR9106) to a desktop (directly) and a
laptop (wi-fi with a USR 2210 card). Altough everything works smoothly, I
have poor perfomances on the wi-fi connection: I can't overpass 100kbps
while browsing Internet (I have a 640kbps ADSL and doing the same thing on
my desktop it goes exremely well!) and 500kbps while transferring files
between the pc's.
All the configurations are the default one, and I also installed the new
optimized driver for the pc card.

Anyone has discovered the same problem?
Is there anything I could do to speed up?

Thanks for any feedback.
Claudio

I just installed my ADSL gateway (USR9106) to a desktop (directly) and
> laptop (wi-fi with a USR 2210 card). Altough everything works smoothly, I
> have poor perfomances on the wi-fi connection: I can't overpass 100kbps
> while browsing Internet (I have a 640kbps ADSL and doing the same thing on
> my desktop it goes exremely well!) and 500kbps while transferring files
> between the pc's.
> All the configurations are the default one, and I also installed the new
> optimized driver for the pc card.

what sort of range is the PC from the modem?

tony