'send to' problem

l'm using XP home and have noticed that l've got a problem
with pictures. lf l right click on a picture in 'my
pictures' (or wherever), l don't get the option to send to a
mail recipient or to send it to my documents. The only
options l get are to send it to my floppy or CD writer. l
guess l've upset something along the way but l'm not sure
what.

--
« ÂÑÐÝ »®
5 answers Last reply

    Andy,

    These two commands should fix the problem. Courtesy of David Candy.

    regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit

    Type the commands one by one from Start-Run dialog.

    OTOH, if none of the application or folder shortcuts are listed in the Send
    To menu, you may need this script:

    Shortcuts in the "Send To" folder not appearing in the menu?:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtofix.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Andy Watts" <andy@hedge-end.fsworld.oc.ku> wrote in message
    > l'm using XP home and have noticed that l've got a problem with pictures.
    > lf l right click on a picture in 'my pictures' (or wherever), l don't get
    > the option to send to a mail recipient or to send it to my documents. The
    > only options l get are to send it to my floppy or CD writer. l guess l've
    > upset something along the way but l'm not sure what.
    >

    > --
    > « ÂÑÐÝ »®

    Ramesh, Andy, whoever,

    I have a related problem:

    "Send to" and the associated frequent command in the folder options work ok
    to send a photo to OE6 for attachment to an e-mail message, but I get no
    dialog box to allow me to resize the photo. I used to get this, but now I
    don't; no idea why. Now my photos get attached at their original size, with
    no option to change this. Is there a fix to make this dialog box reappear?

    Thanks in advance.

    JimF

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Andy,
    >
    > These two commands should fix the problem. Courtesy of David Candy.
    >
    > regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    > rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    >
    > Type the commands one by one from Start-Run dialog.
    >
    > OTOH, if none of the application or folder shortcuts are listed in the Send
    > To menu, you may need this script:
    >
    > Shortcuts in the "Send To" folder not appearing in the menu?:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtofix.htm
    >

    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Andy Watts" <andy@hedge-end.fsworld.oc.ku> wrote in message
    > > l'm using XP home and have noticed that l've got a problem with pictures.
    > > lf l right click on a picture in 'my pictures' (or wherever), l don't get
    > > the option to send to a mail recipient or to send it to my documents. The
    > > only options l get are to send it to my floppy or CD writer. l guess l've
    > > upset something along the way but l'm not sure what.
    > >

    > > --
    > > « ÂÑ�� »®

    Type in Start, Run:

    regsvr32 shimgvw.dll

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "JimF" <JimF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Ramesh, Andy, whoever,
    >
    > I have a related problem:
    >
    > "Send to" and the associated frequent command in the folder options work
    > ok
    > to send a photo to OE6 for attachment to an e-mail message, but I get no
    > dialog box to allow me to resize the photo. I used to get this, but now I
    > don't; no idea why. Now my photos get attached at their original size,
    > with
    > no option to change this. Is there a fix to make this dialog box reappear?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > JimF
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Andy,
    >>
    >> These two commands should fix the problem. Courtesy of David Candy.
    >>
    >> regsvr32 sendmail.dll
    >> rundll32 mydocs.dll,PerUserInit
    >>
    >> Type the commands one by one from Start-Run dialog.
    >>
    >> OTOH, if none of the application or folder shortcuts are listed in the
    >> Send
    >> To menu, you may need this script:
    >>
    >> Shortcuts in the "Send To" folder not appearing in the menu?:
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sendtofix.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    >> Windows XP Shell/User
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Andy Watts" <andy@hedge-end.fsworld.oc.ku> wrote in message
    >> > l'm using XP home and have noticed that l've got a problem with
    >> > pictures.
    >> > lf l right click on a picture in 'my pictures' (or wherever), l don't
    >> > get
    >> > the option to send to a mail recipient or to send it to my documents.
    >> > The
    >> > only options l get are to send it to my floppy or CD writer. l guess
    >> > l've
    >> > upset something along the way but l'm not sure what.
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > « ÂÑ�� »®

    Hi Ramesh,

    Thanks for this. This has fixed the problem.

    Best regards

    JimF

    You're welcome JimF.

    --

    > Hi Ramesh,
    >
    > Thanks for this. This has fixed the problem.
    >
    > Best regards
    >
    > JimF
    >
    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Type in Start, Run:
    >>
    >> regsvr32 shimgvw.dll
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "JimF" <JimF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Ramesh, Andy, whoever,
    >> >
    >> > I have a related problem:
    >> >
    >> > "Send to" and the associated frequent command in the folder options
    >> > work
    >> > ok
    >> > to send a photo to OE6 for attachment to an e-mail message, but I get
    >> > no
    >> > dialog box to allow me to resize the photo. I used to get this, but now
    >> > don't; no idea why. Now my photos get attached at their original size,
    >> > with
    >> > no option to change this. Is there a fix to make this dialog box
    >> > reappear?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks in advance.

Windows XP