Changing to NTFS

June 1, 2005 8:10:08 PM

I have a Freecom external USB drive, which I formatted on installation
to FAT32. In fact I now use it only as home storage, so I'd prefer to
have it as NTFS.

Is there a way of converting it in XP Pro?

More about : changing ntfs

Anonymous
June 1, 2005 8:10:09 PM

Very easy... Open up a command prompt (START,PROGRAMS,ACCESSORIES) and type
this in without quotes:
"convert [drive letter]: /fs:ntfs"

Later!

"Pete" <peteroe@REMOVETHISwritebros.org> wrote in message
> I have a Freecom external USB drive, which I formatted on installation
> to FAT32. In fact I now use it only as home storage, so I'd prefer to
> have it as NTFS.
>
> Is there a way of converting it in XP Pro?
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 12:57:32 AM

Pete,
Converting FAT32 to NTFS in Windows XP: