Changing to NTFS

I have a Freecom external USB drive, which I formatted on installation
to FAT32. In fact I now use it only as home storage, so I'd prefer to
have it as NTFS.

Is there a way of converting it in XP Pro?
2 answers Last reply
More about changing ntfs

    Very easy... Open up a command prompt (START,PROGRAMS,ACCESSORIES) and type
    this in without quotes:
    "convert [drive letter]: /fs:ntfs"

    Later!

    "Pete" <peteroe@REMOVETHISwritebros.org> wrote in message
    > I have a Freecom external USB drive, which I formatted on installation
    > to FAT32. In fact I now use it only as home storage, so I'd prefer to
    > have it as NTFS.
    >
    > Is there a way of converting it in XP Pro?

    Pete,
    Converting FAT32 to NTFS in Windows XP:
    http://aumha.org/win5/a/ntfscvt.php

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Pete" <peteroe@REMOVETHISwritebros.org> wrote in message
    >I have a Freecom external USB drive, which I formatted on installation
    > to FAT32. In fact I now use it only as home storage, so I'd prefer to
    > have it as NTFS.
    >
    > Is there a way of converting it in XP Pro?

NTFS Windows XP