HELP: ASUS K53E Very Poor Battery Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

djricky772

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
I recently purchased a brand new ASUS K53E laptop from Best Buy on thursday sept 13. i have been very disappointed with how poor the battery life is basically since the first time i charged it fully.

after i charge the battery to 100% i will unplug it and turn the backlight all the way down on the display and will only get about 2 hours of unplugged battery life, if that. generally the only programs i keep running are firefox and itunes and thats it.

from what i have searched in google i should be getting at least 4 hours of battery life from this laptop and have experienced anything but that so far.

can someone please help or give me any sort of advice at all? considering going back to best buy and returning it if i cant somehow increase battery life without having to by a new/extra battery.

djricky772

Honorable
Sep 15, 2012
honestly i feel like thats what i will end up having to do, i was just wondering if there was any way to avoid having to do that since all the reviews for this laptop are boasting how impressive the battery life is, its just been confusing me.

egilbe

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2011
I ahve a K53E and I get about 3 to 3.5 hours with it, which is all I really need. There is a program or widget to change it from high performance to battery saving mode. Otherwise, it lasts about two hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.