Changing Disk formatting back to XP from Nero InCD format.

I use Nero InCD for writing data to my CD-RW, because I much prefer the
simple drag and drop feature to the more cumbersome XP CD RW writing software
(which is a primitive Roxio software embed). For that reason I have
formatted all my CD-RW disks for InCD. Now I recently discovered that my DVD
player won't read .jpeg PHOTOS copied using the InCD software, so I have to
use the XP (Roxio) software for that purpose. My question is: "How do I
re-format my CD-RWs back to the XP format they came with (from the InCD
format they're currently in.)?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
--
Cheers, Don

P.S. In my experience three-quarters of the really persistant computer
problems that plague us all have to do with burning files to CD disks. I
hope and pray that Longhorn uses a Microsoft designed drag-and-drop CD
writing system that will operate as simply and smoothly as the floppy disk.
Or is this too much to ask?
2 answers Last reply
More about changing disk formatting back nero incd format

    Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > I use Nero InCD for writing data to my CD-RW, because I much prefer the
    > simple drag and drop feature to the more cumbersome XP CD RW writing software
    > (which is a primitive Roxio software embed). For that reason I have
    > formatted all my CD-RW disks for InCD. Now I recently discovered that my DVD
    > player won't read .jpeg PHOTOS copied using the InCD software, so I have to
    > use the XP (Roxio) software for that purpose. My question is: "How do I
    > re-format my CD-RWs back to the XP format they came with (from the InCD
    > format they're currently in.)?

    to "reformat" any CD-RW you erase it.

    The DVD palyer should read the .jpegs, AFTER you close out / finalize the
    IN-CD Disk. The In-CD Disk is in a "propriatary format" until you
    finalize it, then it's turned into a "standard" CD.

    Your suggestion worked fine, Frodo. I used the InCD to erase the disk and
    it returned it to the original format. I was then able to copy my photos
    with the XP writer and my DVD played them fine.

    In regard to using InCD to write to CD-R disks I'm certain your
    suggestion to finalize the disk at the end would work fine. The only
    drawback here is that you would normally want to fill the disk before closing
    it, and this would prevent you from seeing stuff until the whole disk was
    finished. At least on my DVD player it would.

    I'm mystified as to why these basic things are not front and centre on the
    software FAQ pages.

    Again, many thanks for your valuable suggestion.

    --
    Don

    "frodo@theshire.org" wrote:

    > Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > > I use Nero InCD for writing data to my CD-RW, because I much prefer the
    > > simple drag and drop feature to the more cumbersome XP CD RW writing software
    > > (which is a primitive Roxio software embed). For that reason I have
    > > formatted all my CD-RW disks for InCD. Now I recently discovered that my DVD
    > > player won't read .jpeg PHOTOS copied using the InCD software, so I have to
    > > use the XP (Roxio) software for that purpose. My question is: "How do I
    > > re-format my CD-RWs back to the XP format they came with (from the InCD
    > > format they're currently in.)?
    >
    > to "reformat" any CD-RW you erase it.
    >
    > The DVD palyer should read the .jpegs, AFTER you close out / finalize the
    > IN-CD Disk. The In-CD Disk is in a "propriatary format" until you
    > finalize it, then it's turned into a "standard" CD.

Windows XP Software CD-Rom Format